Thursday 16 August 2007

Dan - Biker WIP

Hey All,

Right.......having played around with ZBrush for a bit, my attention has turned to trying to recreate the displacement in XSI with varying success. Mental Ray keeps running out of memory and crashing when you try to get the geometry resolution to go low enouth to get any of the really fine details. Either that or the wrinkles that I have added seem to inflate at rendertime.........it looks pretty wierd! At the moment I am struggling to get the pore detail on the biker's chin and head to come out. I have tried using a combination of displacement and normal maps, as well as exporting out a higher res mesh from ZBrush. The problem seems to be a Mental ray one, but it is all to possible that i have over looked something.

At the moment I am thinking of sticking with the dispacement that i have and trying to add a bum map to the mesh to hopefully get those elusive pores........does that sound like a good idea???

Also, whilst trying to give my brain a break from pondering displacements,I have started to add in some textures.......so here is some of that as well:

mesh with displacement and a normal map (normal map just taken from the last few levels of subdivision, in order to try and pick up the fine detals only.





No comments: