Tuesday 1 May 2007

Emma Howard Bio

Hi my name is Emma Howard, thank you for agreeing to set this blog up.

My Background
I have previously studied Fine Art at Central Saint Martins College of Art & Design and Production Design at the National Film and Television School.

I have previously been commissioned and exhibited my fine art work and have worked (freelance) in the art department (set design) for Film/Television, with the role’s of runner, art department assistant and buyer.
I have not worked within the creative industry for a few years and have been doing other things such as travelling around the world. I hope studying at the NCCA this year will help me make the transfer from working with traditional methods to working digitally.

NCCA final project brief outline (April-September 2007)
I am planning to do one project over the 2 terms with its focus on modelling and texturing. I would like to create an environment that forms a kind of cityscape (does not necessarily have to be a city) that has another worldly quality to it (Sci fi/horror/fantasy inspired). I do not plan to put any characters within it. I am at the design stage at the moment and am aiming for a highly imaginative, fresh design. I have created this sketch model and have been playing around with the design and composition, i will develop this into a concpet painting.






In its presentation I would like it to have a slight music video feel. I would like to animate the architecture and plan to look at simple effective solutions to bring the place to life and possibly forming from nothing. This idea is inspired by the Rhapsody in Blue, New York cityscape forming sequence in Disney’s Fantasia and I have been looking at lots of time-lapse stuff.


NCCA Work: Group project last term, I work on a game mod using the Half Life 2 engine and my role was environment lead. I designed this environment and built most of it, everything is low poly and the pictures are in-game shots.





Work prior to starting at the NCCA: Some examples of my fine art and set design work.






No comments: