Tuesday 1 May 2007

Mr Ollie Harris

Hello,

My name is Oliver Harris.

My major interest is in digital modelling. I previously studied an undergraduate degree in Modelmaking Design and Media, at the Bournemouth Arts Institute. I have an artistic background, photography being one of my main passions.

The basic outline for my term three project, is to create a four legged animal (which I have decided will be an artic fox),

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

and a rider, both for use in next generation games. My inspiration for this project is from the characters in Hayao Miyazaki’s ‘Princess Mononoke’.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I plan to model and texture both characters, (Possibly using XSI’s hair for the white artic fox) but I am still researching whether this is going to be possible, taking into account render times. I also hope to simply rig the characters so I can display them in a run cycle, then composite them within 2D backgrounds.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

So far I’ve been roughly sketching foxes, trying to understand their shape and that of the rider on board. I have decided to make her a young female simular to that in 'Princess Mononoke’. But I would like more contrast between rider and animal. So she will be dressed in black, with a flowing black cape, that will hide the fox as a kind of vail untill they spring into action.

Her concept at this point is based around madonna's 'frozen' video, by Chris Cunningham.

I have also started a concept illustration, see above (It's not finished!): So far I have bocked out the artic fox. Here are some wire frames: (Any advice, criticism, etc would be greatly appreciated)







Here is some of my previous work:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Cheers,

Ollie Harris

No comments: