Tuesday 12 June 2007

Hi Andrew! Thanks for your advice, it's a big help.

For the eyes I used two primative spheres, one inside the other. For the outer one I applied a phong shader with transparency and bump map and the inner one has a lambert with a colour a bumb map. The inner primative also has a hole in the middle that i've extruded and folded inside a little to try and get a softer fall off. I tried to make sure their was a slight black fade on the colour map so that it looks like there a fade into the pupil, It still needs a lot of work. lastly i put part of a sphere behind the pupil with a black lambert. I experimented with a light rig at the same time. Gonna try some subsurface on the eye too!

Decided to leave the hair alone, weaving it in and out of the snakes and getting it to look really good might take me forever. Also it will give me a bit more time to work on the modeling and texturing.

If I was building this, I would create a single snake (as you have done), UV and rig it. Then I would simply duplicate them all off, position them around the head. Once happy with their positions I would cut out holes in the female head and join to the bottom of the snake.Let me know if my explanations are a little hard to understand. I can always draw some images to help.


I will have a go at this andrew when it comes to it and then i'll email you the obj, if thats ok ?

Thanks again for your help and i will speak to you soon.

Ritchie

No comments: